Farmer Copleys is an independent award winning farm shop and restaurant business in Pontefract, West Yorkshire. The farm is host to many seasonal events and activities throughout the year which strengthen the link between farm and fork and the importance of eating fresh, tasty, local produce.
We have a purpose built, onsite bakery which supplies our busy shop, café and events with a delicious range of pies, bread, cakes and desserts. Everything is made from scratch and only the finest ingredients are used to create mouth-watering delicacies.
We are now looking for an Experienced Baker to join our small crew. A baker who has a passion for traditional bakery.
The successful candidate must have experience of working in a commercial or retail baking environment and will ideally have confectionery expertise as well as knowing bread and pastry products. In addition they need to have a full understanding of the workings of a professional, fast paced bakey.
While a passion for baking is a must but we also expect a positive attitude, strong worth ethic, motivation and willingness to learn and follow our recipes and create new.
This is a great opportunity to work in and contribute to an independent, unique and growing Yorkshire business and hopefully share your own signature products. This is a fast paced environment, so only those that enjoy being busy and who are serious about a long term future should apply.
This full time role over five days a week has early starts, it is a bakery after all, but we don’t mean the middle of the night! Weekends off are on a rotational basis and we also offer generous team benefits.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be an experienced baker who is knowledgeable about artisan techniques and methods
- Work with our current team to maintain standards and bring fresh ideas
- Be able to work consistently and accurately
- Have a great work ethic, work well with others, be able to carry out physical work and work to timelines
- Be able to communicate effectively across all levels
- Be passionate about their products
- Be able to work efficiently and maintain high standards of cleanliness
- Be very reliable, have extremely high standards and a proven track record.
- Be positive, eager and hungry for success.
- Have an interest in new trends and ideas.
If you are interested in this position please apply with a letter detailing what you can bring to the business and a CV to our People Manager, Susan Thomas on email@example.com